To encourage, facilitate and support thorugh EAP or Centre of Excellence, always good advice for any EA implementation 🙂
Many organisations struggle to define terms such as “Enterprise Architecture”.
Below is my view which hopefully makes sense!
Enterprise Architecture is …
The practice of mapping and understanding the relationships between the:
- elements of a business (strategy, model, processes, organisation etc);
- information necessary to operate the business;
- applications that serve the business operations; and
- technologies that enable these.
Enterprise architecture documentation is a blueprint showing a description of the current and target states of a business.
Enterprise architecture is used to guide decision-making, both by identifying new initiatives to improve business performance, and by evaluating proposals for changes to the business and its ICT systems.
- Cloud computing;
- ICT asset management;
- ICT project governance and management; and
- information interchange between systems.
To support the CIO, an Enterprise Architecture Practice (or Centre of Excellence) will be…
View original post 88 more words