The Consulting CIO steps up when the need and budget doesn’t justify a full time CIO, not a bad way to ensure strategic focus and a way in for EA to be practiced in small to mid size companies 🙂
As a CEO or other senior executive overseeing IT, are you experiencing any of the following situations?
- The IT Department is not responsive and viewed with disdain by staff?
- Complaints of poor IT customer service?
- IT projects bogging down or not completing as expected?
- The IT Director speaks in a seemingly foreign language leaving you just as confused at the end of the conversation?
- Computer systems failing without permanent solutions or understandable reasons why?
- IT initiatives not aligning with business strategic planning? No IT strategic planning?
- Frustrated with IT as a consistent problem area?
These and many other similar situations are common for IT Departments without senior leadership by a competent Chief Information Officer or CIO.
The role of a good CIO is:
TO PROVIDE EXCELLENT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP WHILE BUILDING AND MAINTAINING FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED TEAMS, ALIGNING IT PROJECTS WITH BUSINESS GOALS AND STRATEGIZING WITH UPPER MANAGEMENT TO…
View original post 273 more words